- To protect your privacy, choose and enter a “Username” (which will be your login name) that is not the same as your email address. For privacy, your “Username” should not be your real name and should not say anything about you personally. (Your “Username” is not case sensitive.)
- Enter a strong password not in the dictionary, ideally with at least letters and numbers. It is case sensitive.
- After registering, login and edit your profile to tighten security. Your “Username” (your login name) is initially displayed in posts and comments. Not a good idea!
- To display a name different than your “Username,” go to the upper right corner of the task bar and click the little “Gravatar” image that looks like a person’s silhouette and click “Edit my profile.”
- When your profile appears, look underneath “Editing ‘Base’ Profile Group” where it says “Name (required)” Enter the name you want everyone to see. Consider not using any name that is personally identifiable with you.